humor

Annette who?

8:43 PM

I don't know how we got on the subject today, but somehow my mom and I got to talking about Grease. And well, do you remember the scene where the girls are singing "Sandra Dee". Of course you remember the scene, it's an iconic scene in a memorable movie. Anyway... the line where Rizzo goes, "Get your filthy paws off my silky draws. Would you pull that crap with Annette?" 

Let's talk about this. 

My entire life, since I've seen the movie, of course, I've always wondered who Annette was. 

This story is not going to be nearly as funny as it was when my mom and I were talking about it. But basically, it goes like this...


Me: You know what I never understood--they never told us who Annette was in the entire movie. 
Mom: Annette Funicello. 

Me: How did you know? 
Mom: Because she was the 50's sweetheart. 
Me: But how did they know her? I always thought she went to the school and was a senior who graduated or something? 
Mom: Huh?
Me: Because they mention her in the song and then later on when Rizzo is shimmying down the drain pipe, Sonny goes "Hey Riz, you doing that without Annette?"
Mom: *starts laughing* He was talking about a net

By now, the both of us are cracking up. 

Me: Well they didn't make that clear in the movie! Not five minutes ago they were talking about Annette, and so naturally I thought he was talking about Annette. And this whole time I've been wondering who the hell Annette was!


And that's what you missed from me. My blonde roots were showing I guess, but honestly, I always thought Annette was some long lost Pink Lady who maybe was the original Rizzo and taught her everything she knew... sigh. 

Twenty four years later, and I learn the truth. 

Thanks for reading!


You Might Also Like

0 comments