photography

Kara's Williamsburg Shoot - Sept 2015

9:38 AM

It was sometime last week when I randomly asked my friend Kara from work if she'd be my model for a shoot. I hadn't picked up my camera in some time and I was itching to do something. She happily agreed and we decided on a fall themed photo shoot, with fun clothes and a new venue. I've mostly stuck with the whole Maymont Park or Farmville area because I know them so well, but since she recently moved to Williamsburg, I thought it'd be a fun little adventure, and it was! 

The weather was gorgeous, and thank goodness for that, because at some point in the week I remember reading or seeing where it might rain and then our plans would have been washed away (get it? haha!). But luckily, the sun was shining and even though it was a little on the warmer side for a fall themed shoot, we still got some great pics! 

Thank you to Kara for working with me and going along with my crazy ideas to get you to laugh and smile. I know you've been waiting for these and I hope you enjoy them! 


Kara's boyfriend Ethan came along with us, and brought their dog Ducky too! Look at the handsome scruffy face. <3 


The colors in this one make me so happy. I recently switched over from Photoshop CS 5 to Lightroom and I have to say I'm loving it so much more. I always knew Lightroom was better for photographers, but I was so used to CS 5 I didn't want to give it up! Have to say that it's not a bad change. 



I'm so in love with this photo. It's definitely one of my top five favorites from the day!


I can't for the life of me remember what was said, but somewhere in there she started laughing so hard. Luckily, I didn't miss it ;) 




There were moments when I wanted her to wear model face, and others when I just wanted her to smile.




Another one in my top five! I don't know, it just looks like it should be on an album cover or something! 


Definitely one of my favorites! The lighting, the face, the colors. L O V E



I was playing with different lighting here, just having some fun. Not disappointed with the end result.



Look how fun and carefree! 


All I could think in my head was "MODEL SHOT! MODEL SHOT! MODEL SHOT!"



 





And there you are! Huge thanks to Kara again for going along with me and letting me boss you around for a few hours. And thanks to all who read this and actually keeps up with the blog. Hopefully I'll be getting more photos up here soon! 

Until then, 

You Might Also Like

0 comments